Any involvement with the Police is stressful for those affected and their loved ones and not to be taken lightly. We strongly recommend you get legal advice before agreeing to give any interview with the Police. We specialise in criminal law. Our criminal defence lawyers are here to help you.
If you’ve been charged with a criminal or traffic offence you don’t have to face it alone. The outcome of your Court case may be life changing, so your choice of Lawyer is critical. Give yourself the best possible chance with one of our traffic lawyers or criminal defence lawyers.
At Michael Mason Lawyer we will advise you of your rights, get you ready for your Court appearance and explain the Court procedures so you understand what’s happening. We will defend your case clearly and strongly to achieve the best possible outcome. We regularly appear in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court.
Our criminal defence lawyers specialise in the following areas of Criminal Law :
- Assaults & violence (including domestic violence offences)
- Justice procedure offences – breach of violence order, resist or hinder police, breach of bond, suspended sentence, or community service order
- Theft – including theft from retail premises, receiving or handling the proceeds of crime, theft of intellectual property
- Illicit drug offences – possession, production, trafficking in illicit drugs
- Public Order offences – disorderly conduct, criminal intent, public nuisance offences, cruelty to animals
- Fraud offences – obtaining benefit by deception, forgery of documents, dishonest conversion
- Property damage – graffiti and wilful damage
- Dangerous or negligent acts endangering persons – driving under the influence of alcohol or other substance (DUI), Dangerous or negligent driving
- Firearms or dangerous weapon offences
- Threatening behaviour
- Sexual assault – aggravated sexual assault, child pornography
- Robbery, theft & fraud offences
- Murder or manslaughter
Worried about the likely penalty? Ready to get some common sense legal advice? Contact us to talk to our experienced criminal defence lawyers. We specialise in criminal law.
If you have been caught drink driving, driving on a suspended or disqualified licence or been charged with careless or dangerous driving we can help. If you need a work licence or hardship licence our experts will help give you the best chance.
We can advise you in relation to the following charges :
. Drink Driving Offences (DUI)
. Careless Driving and Hoon Offences
. Dangerous driving causing death; dangerous driving causing serious bodily harm
. Drug driving and reckless driving.
A conviction for serious charges such as disqualified driving, drink or drug driving and dangerous driving can result in significant financial penalties, loss of licence and even jail. Loss of your licence for whatever reason can have a major impact on your employment and your family life so your choice of Lawyer is critical.